SHOCKING: New Timeline of #LasVegas Shooting (10/9)
In a shocking turn of events, Las Vegas authorities provided on Monday evening a revised timeline for the October 1st massacre.
Crucially, it reveals that the security guard hailed as a hero last week for interrupting the massacre was shot BEFORE the suspect started his murder rampage. The guard Jesus Campos was shot at by gunman Steve Paddock at 9:59 pm. Paddock did not start shooting down on the crowd of concertgoers across from his hotel until 10:05 pm.
That’s about six minutes.
Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo at the scheduled press conference with mainstream media outlets tried to nonchalantly refer to the revised timeline as a “minute change.” In his nervousness, he made a slip of referring to Campos as “the suspect.” He immediately corrected himself.
The sheriff also said that while Campos was waiting for police to arrive, he prevented a maintenance worker from entering the 32nd floor.
Furthermore, Lombardo stated that Paddock had fired on jet fuel tanks close to the hotel in order to create a deadly diversion that would have allowed him to escape.
What follows below is the new timeline given out on Monday. The previously given timeline is farther down the page.
• 9:59pm: Campos approaches Paddock’s room looking for an alarm going off at a door nearby – likely from the stairwell. He is shot at and injured. He immediately notifies hotel security.
10:05pm: First shots fired by the suspect.
• 10:12pm: First two officers arrive on the 31st floor.
• 10:15pm: The last shots are fired from the suspect for reasons unknown.
• 10:17pm: The first two officers arrive on the 32nd floor from the 31st.
• 10:18pm: Campos, who has been stricken for almost 20 minutes, tells police about Paddock’s room.
• 10:26-10:30pm: With Paddock quiet, eight additional cops arrive and they decide to evacuate the rooms on the floor.
• 10:55pm: Eight officers arrive in the stairwell next to the suspect’s room and find the door tampered with and a camera on a room service cart outside; they decide to hold off.
• 11:20pm: Paddock’s room is breached and police enter the room to find him dead.
Timeline of Las Vegas shooting massacre as provided by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) on Wednesday evening (10/4).
Timeline for Route 91 Harvest Festival Shooting
The following is a timeline for the mass casualty shooting that occurred on Sunday, October 1, 2017, at the Route 91 Harvest Festival concert:
* NOTE THAT THIS IS THE EARLIER TIMELINE RELEASED BY POLICE ON OCTOBER 4TH. IT HAS TURNED OUT TO BE WRONG. PLEASE REFER TO THE TEXT ABOVE FOR THE TIMELINE MOST RECENTLY REVISED BY AUTHORITIES. *
• 10:05 p.m. — First shots fired by Stephen Paddock. This was seen on closed-circuit television from the concert venue.
• 10:12 p.m. — First two officers arrive on the 31st floor and announce the gunfire is coming from directly above them.
• 10:15 p.m. — The last shots are fired frorn the suspect per body worn camera.
• 10:17 p.m. — The first two officers arrive on the 32nd floor.
• 10:18 p.m. — Security officer tells the LVMPD officers he was shot and gives them the exact location of the suspect’s room.
• 10:26-10:30 p.m. — Eight additional officers arrived on the 32nd floor and begin to move systematically down the hallway, clearing every room and looking for any injured people. They move this way because they no longer hear the gunfire of an active shooter situation.
• 10:55 p.m. — Eight officers arrive in the stairwell at the opposite end of the hallway nearest to the suspect’s room.
• 11:20 p.m. — The first breach was set off and officers entered the suspect’s room. They observed the suspect down on the ground and also saw a second door that could not be accessed from their position.
• 11:27 p.m. — The second breach was set off allowing officers to access the second room. Officers quickly realized there was no one else in the rooms and announced over the radio that the suspect was down.
The question arises after the revised timeline was released on October 9th:
Why didn’t Paddock make sure that Campos was dead before he started shooting out the window? Didn’t it occur to him that Campos might get in the way or call in reinforcements?