Canada: Neurosurgery Resident Died in July, Bringing Total Number of Dead to 8
Belated news that yet another doctor (still in residency) died in July. This would make a total of eight medical professionals dying over a two-week period in Canada last month.
Ryan Mackenzie Buyting died on July 26, 2022.
He had just graduated from Dalhousie Medical School in May 2022 and was starting neurosurgery residency in Edmonton, Alberta.
Born on August 6, 1995, Ryan Buyting was only 26 years old at the time of his death.
A super-achiever, he received a Master of Science degree in Experimental Surgery and Surgical Innovation in 2018 from McGill University, where he had also received his undergraduate degree in Physiology and Biotechnology. His master’s thesis was on novel nanoparticle-based approaches for gastrointestinal adsorption of endotoxin.
8 Canadian Doctors Died Over Two Weeks in July 2022
- Dr. Baharan Behzadizad, died July 14
- Dr. Paul D. Hannam, died July 16
- Dr. Lorne E. Segall, died July 17
- Dr. Stephen W. McKenzie, died July 18
- Dr. Jakub T. Sawicki, died July 19
- Dr. Shariar Jalali Mazlouman, died July 23
- Dr. Ryan Buyting, died July 26
- Dr. Candace Nayman, died July 28