Latest Update: SEVEN Canadian Doctors Passed Away in July
Over a two-week period, there were at least seven doctors who passed away in Canada.
Canadian Doctors Who Died in July 2022
- Dr. Baharan Behzadizad, died July 13-14
- Dr. Paul D. Hannam, died July 16
- Dr. Lorne E. Segall, died July 17
- Dr. Stephen W. McKenzie, died July 18
- Dr. Jakub T. Sawicki, died July 19
- Dr. Shariar Jalali Mazlouman, died July 23
- Dr. Candace Nayman, died July 28
Doctors Hannam, Segall, McKenzie, Sawicki, and Nayman were in the greater area of Toronto at the time of their passing. Doctor Mazlouman was working in Saskatchewan province.
The most belatedly publicized death is that of Dr. Baharan Behzadi, a Toronto-based Iranian émigré who was serving as a family physician for Western Health in Newfoundland. She went to bed the night of July 13 and didn’t wake up the next morning.
According to her only sister, “They said her heart just stopped.”
Doctor Behzadizad, a graduate of Azad Medical University in Tehran, was buried at Elgin Mills Cemetery in Ontario on July 23.
CAUSES OF DEATH
- Dr. Baharan Behzadizad, heart attack during sleep
- Dr. Paul D. Hannam, cardiac arrest while running
- Dr. Lorne E. Segall, lung cancer
- Dr. Stephen W. McKenzie, “serious illness”
- Dr. Jakub T. Sawicki, rare gastric cancer
- Dr. Shariar Jalali Mazlouman, cardiac arrest while swimming
- Dr. Candace Nayman, cardiac arrest while swimming
Doctor Sawicki’s wife Iris says her husband was diagnosed with stage 4 gastric cancer in August 2021. “He had minimal symptoms, no risk factors and did not have cancer genetics in his family.”
- Dr. Sohrab Lutchmedial, a cardiologist in New Brunswick, Canada, died in his sleep in November 2021, reportedly from a heart defect. He was 52.
- Dr. Bradley Harris, a family physician in British Columbia, died while out on a jog in March 2022. He was 49.
AGES AT DEATH
- Dr. Baharan Behzadizad, 43
- Dr. Paul D. Hannam, 50
- Dr. Lorne E. Segall, 49
- Dr. Stephen W. McKenzie, 68
- Dr. Jakub T. Sawicki, (39)
- Dr. Shariar Jalali Mazlouman, 44
- Dr. Candace Nayman, 27
All physicians working in Canada are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted.