RuPaul Gets Star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame!
RuPaul’s newly installed star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was unveiled Friday amid cheers from fellow celebrities and a throng of fans. It is the 2,631st star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame; the category is Television.
The iconic drag queen has spent 35 years bringing drag to a mainstream audience. For the last several years, he has produced and hosted the reality competition series “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”
The show has placed a spotlight on the LGBT community, launching careers for more than 150 contestants.
“I love all of you, and I wish for each and every person within the sound of my voice: that your dreams can come true as mine have,” RuPaul said in remarks to the assembled crowd. “This is absolutely the most important moment in my professional career.”
Among those who helped Rupaul celebrate his star was actress Jane Fonda.
The star is located on the sidewalk outside the offices of World of Wonder Productions, which produces “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”
Address: 6652 Hollywood Boulevard
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce is the awarding organization of the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
For future reference:
- Star ceremony begins promptly at 11:30 a.m. and will be over by 12:15 p.m.
- All star ceremonies are free to attend.
- There is no fee to attend — no tickets, no admission fees.
- There is a public viewing area for all Walk of Fame star ceremonies.
- Wear comfortable shoes and hydrate. Bring sunscreen.
- Chairs and stepladders are not allowed in the audience area of the ceremony.
- The crowd needs to disperse immediately following the end of the star ceremony.