Leading Cryptocurrency Exchange Binance Announces Delisting of Faketoshi’s BSV
Cryptocurrency exchange Binance has decided to take a stand against Craig Wright and his scam coin BSV (BCHSV).
Wright, known in the community as Faketoshi for his laughable claim that he is Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of Bitcoin, has been on a warpath against Twitter users, serving them letters demanding that they acknowledge he is Nakamoto.
Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao had already given Wright warning to desist, blatantly calling Wright a fraud. Wright, however, along with his business partner, Calvin Ayre, have been relentless in their obstinacy.
BSV dropped 12% in value immediately after the delisting announcement.
The following is the statement of Binance:
At Binance, we periodically review each digital asset we list to ensure that it continues to meet the high level of standard we expect. When a coin or token no longer meets this standard, or the industry changes, we conduct a more in-depth review and potentially delist it. We believe this best protects all of our users.
When we conduct these reviews, we consider a variety of factors. Here are some that drive whether we decide to delist a digital asset:
- Commitment of team to project
- Level and quality of development activity
- Network / smart contract stability
- Level of public communication
- Responsiveness to our periodic due diligence requests
- Evidence of unethical / fraudulent conduct
- Contribution to a healthy and sustainable crypto ecosystem
Based on our most recent reviews, we have decided to delist and cease trading on all trading pairs for the following coin on 2019/04/22 at 10:00 AM UTC:
- All trade orders will be automatically removed after trading ceases in each respective trading pair.
- To view your assets after trading ceases, please ensure you have not selected “Hide small assets” in your Funds page.
- Withdrawals of these coins and tokens from Binance will continue to be supported until 2019/07/22 at 10:00 AM UTC.
We thank you for your support as we continue to build the crypto ecosystem in a way that promotes transparency and long-term, sustainable growth.